Sunday, April 10, 2016

First Steps

If every journey begins with a single step, mine began with 5,807 today, mainly amassed through a 30 minute run. It is 2:38 in the afternoon, and as I wait for my son to wake up from his nap, I decided to start a blog to track my progress toward becoming more active and healthier. There's nothing magical about my 10,000 step daily goal, and no pot of gold after step number 9,999. I picked an arbitrary standard to measure myself against to motivate me to get and stay moving. There will be no excuses, but possibly some explanations. Don't expect deep thoughts, but insights might occur. If the writing isn't to your taste, I'll take no offence when you move along. Afterall, there's nothing special about my daily grind, unless you can appreciate small victories.

Walk on!

No comments:

Post a Comment